- 5. Apr. 2013
- Announcement of Selected Applicants (2013)
- 2. Apr. 2013
- UTRIP2013 Selection Result
We are going to announce the selection result by the afternoon on 5th April (Japan Standard Time). Thank you for your patience. ILO
- 8. Feb. 2013
- We are happy to announce that an additional faculty member from the Department of Biological Sciences (Associate Prof. Nozaki) has offered a position to accept a student.
- 31. Jan. 2013
- Please note that one faculty member (Prof. Kagi) from the Chemistry Department has been added to the lab member list.
- 22. Jan. 2013
- Please be informed that one faculty member (Prof. Takeda) from the department of Biological Sciences has been added in the list of host faculty member.
- 15. Jan. 2013
- We start accepting applications.
- 8. Jan. 2013
- An additional host lab is posted at the relevant page.
- 25. Dec. 2012
- Please note that India Institute of Technology, Bombay was newly included in the list of universities designated by the sponsor (Daiwa Securities Group).
- 21. Dec. 2012
- The list of host faculty members has been announced. We have slightly changed the eligibility. Please check at the relevant pages.
- 26. Nov. 2012
- The outline of UTRIP 2013 program has been announced, though the details will be available by the end of December 2012.
- 22. Oct. 2012
- Archive UTRIP 2012 is now available. Please browse the website below.
- 16. Apr. 2012
- UTRIP 2012 participants have been finalized.
- 2. Apr. 2012
- We have mailed to students who were selected as the first candidates. In case the student declines our offer, students who were selected as the second candidates will receive a mail from the school by no later than 13th April.
- 2. Apr. 2012
- To all UTRIP applicants.
Thank you for your applying to the program. Although we have announced to the selection results today, it will take a little more time to finalize the selection results. The announcement will be made as soon as the professors reach their final decisions. We appreciate your patience. Regards.
- 26. Mar. 2012
- The application list was closed on 16th March. The total number of applicants reached 315 this year. The selection committee will make their decision by 2nd April. A successful candidate will receive an email from us. Thank you very much for your keen interests in UTRIP.
- 21. Mar. 2012
- We have closed the registration list on 16th March. The total number of applicants reaches over 300. The selection results will be announced on 2nd April. Thank you for your interests in UTRIP.
- 13. Mar. 2012
- Total number of received applications as of 13th March 2012: 97
- 12. Mar. 2012
- Signatures in the application form
Electronic signatures will be acceptable.
- 5. Mar. 2012
- Total number of received applications as of 5th March 2012 : 49
- 28. Feb. 2012
- Query on Change of Program Schedule
- 22. Feb. 2012
- Total number of received applications as of 20 Feb. 2012 : 23
- 6. Feb. 2012
- Newly Created Positions For FOTI-Award Participants.
- 16. Jan. 2012
- An additional position is now available at the Department of Earth & Planetary Science. Professor Kimura has proposed to receive a student.
What is UTRIP?
UTRIP stands for the "University of Tokyo Research Internship Program." This program was launched by the Graduate School of Science (GSS) of the University of Tokyo (one of the world's leading research-education universities) as part of its campaign begun in June 2010 for promoting the internationalization of the GSS by inviting talented young students from abroad. UTRIP is an intensive summer research program targeted at undergraduates who have a keen interest in pursuing an M.S. or Ph.D. degree in the future. During the program, the participants receive intensive instruction and guidance on conducting research from renowned faculty members belonging to the GSS's six departments of physics, astronomy, chemistry, earth & planetary science, biophysics & biochemistry, and biological sciences. The program is open to students who are currently enrolled in their junior or senior years at an accredited college or university outside of Japan, and who are majoring in a natural science or related field. Students participating in the program who are highly evaluated by the faculty members will be given priority for receiving scholarships when applying for admission to the GSS the following year. The program also includes an excursion outside of Tokyo as well as a short course on the Japanese language and culture.
UTRIP is a gateway to pursuing an advance degree and experiencing academic life at Todai. Take this opportunity to get a head-start for challenging the rigors of graduate study in the natural sciences.