Financial support (2013)
Financial support to cover participation expenses:
UTRIP participants will be granted financial support to cover their costs and expenses in three forms: (1) The Graduate School of Science (GSS) Scholarship for UTRIP-Related Expenses ("GSS-UTRIP Scholarship"), (2) the FOTI Award (Friends of Todai, Inc.), and (3) the Daiwa Securities Group Inc. Scholarship for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program Participants ("Daiwa Securities Scholarship"). Please note that the Daiwa Securities Scholarship is applicable to students who are currently enrolled in one of the universities preliminarily designated by the sponsor (Daiwa Securities Group Inc.). Also, the FOTI Award is applicable to U. S. students who apply for UTRIP and intend to receive the award. When an applicant is selected to receive either the Daiwa Securities Scholarship or the FOTI Award, he or she cannot concurrently hold a GSS-UTRIP Scholarship. A GSS-UTRIP Scholarship will be applicable when an application to either the Daiwa Securities Scholarship or the FOTI award is rejected by the sponsor.
Conditions to receive the financial support:
- All students are required to stay at the facilities designated by the school during the program period regardless of the form of financial support to be granted.
- Students who receive either the GSS-UTRIP Scholarship or the Daiwa Securities Scholarship must comply with the following conditions, which are stipulated by the University's accounting regulation:
- A student must submit a written receipt of his or her payment for airfares issued by a travel agency or airline company, or a similar document showing that payment for airfares was fully made;
- A student must submit a confirmed itinerary before his or her arrival at the school. Submission should be made more than four weeks before the arrival; AND,
- Upon arrival at the school, a student must submit a boarding stub of his or her outward flight to the ILO office. Also, a boarding stub of his or her return flight or its (scanned or photo) copy must be sent to the office immediately after his or her return home. The student must be aware that the submission should be made within one week from the last day indicated in the itinerary.