Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information registered on our website is used only for work-related matters such as applications for educational programs that we clearly specify. We do not use this information for any other purposes. Personal information we receive is managed by the person in charge of the relevant program, and that person will take responsibility for handling the information properly.
Type of Information We Collect on Applicants/Registrants
We collect necessary information on, for example, applications for educational programs. This information includes: name, gender, phone number, name of school, grade, and address.
Method of Collecting Personal Information
- We collect personal information mainly through emails and the website. When collecting information, we clearly define the goals of collection, comply with the regulations depending on the necessary boundary for the achievement of the goals, and conduct the collection based on appropriate and fair methods.
- Not only do we comply with the applicable rules and regulations on the personal information we possess, but we regularly review our policy and make changes as necessary.
Management of Personal Information
- We handle personal information as carefully as we can. We do not disclose the personal information of the applicants/registrants.
- The data we possess on particular individuals are strictly controlled by the staff in charge and serious consideration is given to prevent any information leakage.
- Personal information submitted to the School of Science is not provided to any third parties such as companies/organizations, and we do not disclose any personal information without the approval of the applicants/registrants.
Also, individual pages on this site may include terms that override this site policy. See each page for further information.
School of Science retains copyright to all the content on this site, including text, images and documents, unless otherwise indicated. Content may not be copied, reproduced or altered without permission.
2. Linking to This Website
Generally, pages of this site may be linked to freely, and displaying the URL of this site in magazines or other such media is permitted. Depending on the content of your website, however, you may be asked to remove your link to the University site or otherwise stop displaying URLs from this site. Note that the following precautions should be observed when linking to this site:
- Linking to this site for advertisement or sales purposes is prohibited.
- Upon linking to this site, it should be clearly stated that the link is to school of Science.
- Displaying the page of this site within a frame on your website is forbidden.
* It is unnecessary to notify school of Sciencewhen displaying a link on a website or publishing a link in a magazine or other media.
* Note that the URL of this site may be changed or the page may be taken down without notice.
3. External links
School of Science will bear no responsibility for the content of external websites linked from pages on this site. Requests for external links are not accepted.
This policy outlines how the official social media accounts (hereinafter accounts) managed by the Faculty and Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo (hereinafter the School of Science) are used and how they communicate information.
School of Sciencesocial media accounts other than those listed here are managed by other University organizations and operate under separate policies.
1. Purpose of Social Media Use
Through coordination with the School of Science website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms are used to communicate information related to the University, including its initiatives, events, education, research and student activities, with the purpose of enhancing users’ understanding of and interest in School of Science, the University of Tokyo.
The School of Science currently manages the following accounts:
(1) Content of posts
The School of Science posts information related to the University, taking the utmost caution not to infringe upon the privacy, reputations, likenesses or trademarks of others and to be in compliance with relevant laws.
(2) Replies and comments
Replies and comments generally are not given in response to posts and messages received from users through the accounts. Please contact the University via this inquiry form regarding any questions, etc. about University-posted content to the accounts. Also, comments and posts deemed inappropriate may be hidden or deleted without consent from the user commenting.
(3) Shares, retweets, likes and follows
The School of Science may share, retweet, like or follow other accounts or content when deemed appropriate.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
Photographs, illustrations, audio, video, articles and other intellectual property posted on the accounts belong to the University or to their rightful owners.
Copyrights and other rights associated with comments, etc. posted onto the accounts belong to the users who post them. However, by posting, these users grant the University the royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use their posted content (including by editing, reproducing or translating), and agree not to exercise copyright or other rights on the University.
While the University makes thorough efforts to communicate accurate information from the accounts, it bears no responsibility for any actions taken by users based on this information. The University also bears no responsibility for any trouble or conflict between users or users and third parties resulting from comments posted by users to these accounts or regarding these accounts in general. The University is not responsible for damages suffered by users as a result of interacting with, or being unable to interact with, its social media accounts.
Official University announcements will be made via School of Science, the University of Tokyo website and press releases.
This policy is subject to change without notice.