News from Academic Affairs

DATE2022.04.01 #News from Academic Affairs

International internship students (acceptance of undergraduate students from abroad) Undergraduate interns

Disclaimer: machine translated by DeepL which may contain errors.

The following are the regulations of the Faculty of Science regarding the acceptance of foreign trainees.

About Agreement on Acceptance of Foreign Tra inees


The following are the various forms related to the acceptance of foreign trainees.


If you have any questions about this program, please contact the International Affairs Team, Academic Affairs Division ( ).

principle, the following procedures must be completed at least 90 days prior to theacceptance of a foreign trainee : 1.

Submit the Acceptance Report for International Students to the Department Office (in charge of Academic Affairs) by 10 days prior to the scheduled date of the Academic Management Meeting.

Submit the Acceptance Check Sheet from the Export Security Control System**.
 Please refer to the "Convenience Book" for information on how to use the system and how to register a host faculty member or proxy applicant.

 Please select "XX Department, Faculty of Science" in the "Name of Department" field for your faculty member. (If you cannot select either Faculty of Science or Graduate School of Science, please consult with us.)

 (If you cannot select either "Faculty of Science " or "Graduate School of Science," please consult with us.

 In the "Sending from applicant" column, please enter "Foreign trainee: Submit acceptance report to the Department on ____ day.

*However, if you need a long-term visa (cultural activity visa) for acceptance, you will need to apply earlier. Even if you are still in the process of considering acceptance, please contact the International Team of the Academic Affairs Division as early as possible (at least 5 months prior to the start of your stay) to let us know the expected period of your stay. We will inform you of the date according to your situation. In this case, a Certificate of Prospective Acceptance is required in order to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility to apply for a Cultural Activities Visa. (Please download the Acceptance Certificate Application Form above and submit it to the department office together with the Acceptance Report Form.)

**As for the Japanese documents for the short-term visa application, you may prepare and send them to us as soon as you obtain the result of "Permit Application Not Required" on the Export Security Export Control System, regardless of whether the meeting report is completed or not. Please refer to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan[English version ] for the form.

Please submit all forms
related to the acceptance of foreign trainees to the Department's Academic Affairs.

Application for Acceptance Certificate
 (Please submit when you need a Certificate of Acceptance (1) for carrying and (2) Certificate of Prospective Acceptance (A4 size for official documents)).

Report of Change of Acceptance of Foreign Trainee Students
Submitted when there is a change in the contents of the Acceptance Report (especially the period of acceptance).

Report on the suspension of the acceptance of a foreign tra inee
Submitted when the acceptance of a foreign trainee is suspended before the start of the acceptance period.