Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information registered on our website is used only for work-related matters such as applications for educational programs that we clearly specify. We do not use this information for any other purposes. Personal information we receive is managed by the person in charge of the relevant program, and that person will take responsibility for handling the information properly.
Type of Information We Collect on Applicants/Registrants
We collect necessary information on, for example, applications for educational programs. This information includes: name, gender, phone number, name of school, grade, and address.
Method of Collecting Personal Information
- We collect personal information mainly through emails and the website. When collecting information, we clearly define the goals of collection, comply with the regulations depending on the necessary boundary for the achievement of the goals, and conduct the collection based on appropriate and fair methods.
- Not only do we comply with the applicable rules and regulations on the personal information we possess, but we regularly review our policy and make changes as necessary.
Management of Personal Information
- We handle personal information as carefully as we can. We do not disclose the personal information of the applicants/registrants.
- The data we possess on particular individuals are strictly controlled by the staff in charge and serious consideration is given to prevent any information leakage.
- Personal information submitted to the School of Science is not provided to any third parties such as companies/organizations, and we do not disclose any personal information without the approval of the applicants/registrants.
Contact for Inquiries on Personal Information Management
Office of Communication, School of Science, the University of Tokyo
Phone : 03-5841-7601 (10:00 - 16:00 Weekdays)